CMF CURO is an effective and rewarding health care option for committed Catholics and other Christians.
1. Christ-centered health care through sharing the medical needs of the CMF CURO community. CMF CURO is:
- A unique Catholic health sharing option based on the effective and proven health sharing model (Samaritan Ministries International);
- Consistent with Catholic teaching: no sharing of medical needs like abortion, contraceptives, In Vitro fertilization, euthanasia, or other morally illicit procedures;
- Health care based on the dignity of the human person, where each member is viewed as part of God’s family;
- An active investment in the culture of life through the CMF CURO Fund, which is used to assist crisis pregnancy centers, support NaPro technology as a life-affirming way for couples to have children, and in general support Christian faithful throughout the country;
- A way to exercise your religious freedom and right of conscience in solidarity with others;
2. Patient-centered health care that allows greater control and choice
- You choose your own direct-pay doctor and cultivate a direct relationship with that doctor without the unnecessary burdens of insurance restrictions and regulations
3. A Catholic Member-Representative to the Samaritan Ministries International (SMI) health care sharing ministry
4. Exempt from the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act, which means no paying fines to the federal government for not having health insurance and is half (or less) the cost of health insurance
Membership provides you with the threefold protections of CMF CURO:
Bodily health and wellness
- CMF CURO offers an affordable health care option. As part of this, CMF CURO offers the unique membership debit card benefit, where you can receive your shares for needs on the card instead of in check form, Payor ID number suggested discount option which allows you to receive potential discounts on medical expenses that are not sharable through SMI (preventive and pre-existing) and even for shareable needs.
- CMF CURO also provides access to Asset Health’s online health tools and wellness program, which allows members to track their health, compete and participate in quarterly challenges, and earn entry into raffle prizes.
- A CMF CURO membership provides access to Formed which provides access to Christian and Catholic audios, movies, e-books, videos, and more! In addition we offer retreats, prayer podcasts, meditations, and many more Catholic forms of prayer. The team and membership participate in a weekly “Friday Fast,” in which we pray and fast for special intentions and for those who are suffering in the membership.
Legislative and policy work
- Members of the CMF CURO and Christ Medicus Foundation team work tirelessly in Washington D.C. to promote and protect conscience rights in health care. We are responsible for introducing and/or promoting bills and acts that protect our rights, including H.R. 940 and H.R. 4828, and others.
The Christian health care sharing ministry of Samaritan Ministries International is not restricted from operating in any of the 50 United States, or U.S. territories or any foreign country, and has no legal barriers of which we are aware. Samaritan Ministries International and the Christ Medicus Foundation are recognized by the IRS as 501(c)(3) non-profit charities. Health care sharing is even recognized in the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The Affordable Care Act law requires individuals to have health insurance or pay a tax penalty. However, the law also contains a provision that members of eligible health care sharing ministries are not subject to the insurance requirement. The IRS provides a special form (Form 8965) where you will report that you are a member of a health care sharing ministry that existed as of 1999. If you are not required to file a tax return, you will not need to do anything.
Questions or comments on this page? Please email us at email@example.com