Charting a Path Forward
On May 16th, the Christ Medicus Foundation hosted the Digital Health Care Conference “A New Health Care Normal?”. Bringing together health care, religious freedom, and Catholic lifestyle experts, this timely conference tackled issues relating to Catholic health care during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
With over 700 registrants, including many health care workers, this digital conference provided clarity and answers to vital questions about the impacts of the pandemic on our health care system, religious freedom, and our mental and spiritual health.
We are pleased to share a recording of the conference. To watch the conference in sequential order, you can do so by watching the full playlist on our YouTube channel here or watch the sessions individually below.
Catholic Health Care Resources
Stay Informed & Connected
The Holy Spirit worked throughout this conference, and we are blessed to share these helpful resources with the Catholic community.
- The Christ Medicus Foundation, its team, and our newsletters, press releases, religious freedom and bioethics journal, are here to keep you informed and to advocate for you.
- The CMF CURO health care ministry is a great health care option that may be a solution for you, your family or others in your community.
- MyCatholicDoctor, is doing extraordinary work to provide Catholic telehealth services to patients across the country and is available to care for and serve you.
- The National Catholic Bioethics Center is an organization leading our country to practice bioethical principles in health care that protect the dignity of the person. We encourage you utilize them as an important guide and for COVID 19 resources
- The Catholic Medical Association brings together Catholic health care professionals to advance the mission of the Church in the medical field. If you are a health care professional, please join and spread the word.
- Emmaus Health (Michigan), St. Gianna Clinic (Wisconsin), Bella Health & Wellness (Colorado), Divine Mercy Care (Virginia) are amazing Catholic medical centers and ready to care for you in your medical needs.
- The Catholic Benefits Association is an important legal and health care option for Catholic employers and doing the work of the Lord in their efforts.
- Alliance Defending Freedom: this nonprofit national law firm is committed to religious freedom and has been a giant in protecting religious freedom especially during the pandemic. We encourage you to review their Covid-19 resources.
- Teresa Tomeo; author, speaker, and radio host. Buy her latest book from Sophia Institute Press
- Divine Mercy University is a Catholic graduate school of Psychology and counseling based in Virginia. Its Center for Trauma and Resiliency studies does tremendous work and we are providing Dr. Erwin’s document on finding emotional respite amid the COVID19 pandemic
- The Galen Institute: led by Grace-Marie Turner is leader in promoting health care policy that is patient-centered and pro-life. The Galen Institute has championed a national health care policy, Health Care Choices 2020, that is a framework for the future of American health care.